Leadership tests have become an integral part of leadership development and succession planning, especially to select key positions like CEO, COO, CFO and the like. As one of this country’s experts on hiring and pre-employment testing, we have been retained by hundreds of small and medium-sized companies to take the guesswork out of hiring and identifying leadership skills in the workplace. Success Performance Solutions is prepared to help you ensure that the next leader of your business is the right person.
HOW WE HELP YOU
We have assisted in the selection of the next CEO or other executive positions. Our process is easy to implement, convenient, affordable, and fast. Each package of leadership tests is customized to your organization and industry needs, including cultural fit and competence. Companies who need help identifying leadership skills in the workplace can benefit from our tests.
WE FIT YOUR NEEDS AND BUDGET
Our services include the following, narrowed or expanded to fit your needs and budget:
- Review of your organization needs (cultural fit, strategy, leadership style, etc.) & identifying leadership skills that your industry requires.
- Performance expectations of the new hire
- leadership tests that might include leadership competence, leadership style, cognitive abilities, business values, quality of motivation.
- Written summary report of candidate(s)
- Presentation (typically web-based) to board of directors
- Follow-up with internal candidates to review assessments and assist with professional development plan (Optional).
- A small property and casual insurance company is faced with the retirement of its long term CEO. Their search for a successor included two internal candidates and one external one. The search committee wanted to ensure a fair and objective leadership test since at least one or both internal candidates might be passed over. We help them by identifying leadership skills that their industry needs and our tests find a candidate that can demonstrate those leadership skills in the workplace.
- The board of directors (BOD) of a rural electric cooperative is tasked with finding a replacement for its 30+ plus years tenured CEO. Their location, small size, and “unique” culture set requirements that only a few candidates might meet. Company politics requires them to open up the opportunity and 12 candidates apply including several internal candidates, who are poor fits. The BOD wants to ensure a fair and objective process to narrow down the field to the 3 most qualified candidates and then assist them in interviewing and selecting the right leader.
- A faith-based assisted living and retirement center seeks a replacement for a CEO who was recently terminated. The BOD does not want to make another mistake. They have selected an interim CEO but before making a permanent job offer, they want to assess the potential and cultural fit.
- Other examples available upon request.