DISCAssess 4 Types of Human Behavior
Teamwork | Communication | Self-Development
Proception2 DISC Profile Testing
When it comes to understanding how a candidate or employee will interact with people and approach the job, there is no better online employment assessment than DISC profile testing. In fact, many managers refer to these behavioral assessments as an “employee user’s manual.” In each DISC report, the best ways to communicate, manage, and coach an employee are included. DISC really is the best behavioral assessment for employees.
Proception2 DISC Profile Testing is a behavior assessment based on the DISC theory of psychologist William Moulton Marston (who incidentally was also the creator of Wonder Woman!). The acronym DISC represents four distinct personal preferences that determine a person’s behavioral style. These preferences affect how employees respond to the four Ps of Performance: Problem, People, Pace and Procedures. For example:
D = Direct – Employee is energized by taking control and solving Problems
I = Influence – Employee is energized when influencing other People
S = Steadiness – Employee is energized by a steady Pace
C = Conscientious – Employees is energized by complying with Procedures Set by other people.
Using a DISC behavioral assessment for employees will not predict if an individual is skilled at great conversations or completing a task. What DISC testing does do is reveal how he or she will approach people, complete tasks, fit on a team, and embrace the company culture with amazing accuracy.
Best Practice Use for DISC Profile Testing
Assess team fit and culture fit; team building; personal and professional development; coaching and mentoring.
To identify someone’s DISC behavioral style, all you really need to do is observe and listen. That is because each of us has a preferred style that can neatly be described with a characteristic body language and tone. Some of us speak loudly, others in a soft whisper. Some speak fast, others slow. Some communicate with distinct and expressive movements, while others are more subtle and reserved. Even the words people use reveal a person’s behavioral style. Because DISC can be observed, others can be taught how to read another’s DISC style and adapt their communication accordingly in order to be heard and trusted.
But training people to observe and listen takes time. That’s where DISC Profile Testing helps.
You can shortcut the whole process regardless if the DISC behavioral assessment is being used for self-improvement or team building. Other popular applications for DISC Profile Testing include improving interpersonal skills, enhanced training for customer service and sales, and leadership development.
Four DISC Report Versions Are Available:
Manager, Individual, Sales, and Interview Assistant
DISC profile testing and understanding the reports is easy. The Proception2 DISC profile system integrates a combination of advanced technology and behavioral principles that allows individuals to complete a short 10 –15 minute questionnaire and for employers to generate a report on their personal behavioral styles. Our DISC Profile Testing reports produce an overview of the 4 basic behavioral style based on an individual’s responses to the online questionnaire. This report discusses how an individual approaches problems, influences people, paces his (her) work, or follow procedures. With each DISC behavioral assessment, a personalized report is generated that includes the following descriptions and performance improvement suggestions:
- Notable Primary Behaviors – insights into how an employee prefers to function in a work environment
- Preferred Work Environment – insights into the type of environment in which an employee is more comfortable
- Adjustment to the Work Environment – insights into how the individual believes he or she must adjust to be more successful in the job and in the work environment
- Potential Strengths in Business – insights into the strengths the individual believes he brings to work
- Strengths to the Team – insights into how the individual believes he or she will contribute to team goals
- *Implementing Change – insights into how the individual may adjust to change
- Performance Enhancement – insights into how the individual may need to change to improve performance
- Personal Performance Motivators – insights into how the individual is best motivated
- Personal Growth Suggestions – insights into behaviors that may impede success or improvement
- *Managing for Results – insights into how the individual prefers to be managed
- Communication Builders – insights into how to best approach and communicate with the individual
- Communication Barriers – insights into what mistakes to avoid when communicating with the individual
- Primary Word Portrait – words that highlight behaviors most likely associated with the individual’s natural behavior
- Adjusted Word Portrait – words that highlight behaviors most likely associated with the individual’s adjusted behavior
- Graphic Profile – a visual using line graphs to represent the primary and adjusted behavioral styles of the individual
- Intensity of DISC Behaviors – a variation of the graphic profile that provides insight into the intensity of each style
- My Action Plan – a “cheatsheet” for the individual to come up with a plan for personal development
*Not included in Individual report
Proception2 DISC Profile Testing serves as an “owner’s manual” for every new employee, guiding his or her approach toward communicating, motivating, coaching plus creating the best work environment and improving performance.
To learn more about DISC profile testing or how to use a behavioral assessment for employees, click here or contact us today.
Proception2 DISC Pricing
One of the biggest benefits of using a DISC behavioral assessment for employees is its high ROI, convenience, and affordability. DISC Profiling Test are completed online and require units to process reports. One unit is required to print one report. That means once a candidate or employee completes the questionnaire, the employer can process the results and create a report in one of the four formats. Pricing is available for single test and discounts are available for small business packages (minimum 10) and larger volumes. Call us at 800-803-4303 for more information.
What industries benefit from DISC?
There is not a business, organization, or industry that can’t benefit by using a DISC behavioral assessment for employees in their workplace. From the individual employee seeking to improve his personal performance to the manager looking to jump-start sales, customer, teamwork, and leadership, using a DISC behavioral assessment for employees leads to excellent outcomes with minimal investment and training.
Are there certain job positions that benefit most from using a DISC behavioral assessment for employees?
Like the previous question, individuals in every job position benefit from DISC profile testing or some other kind of behavioral assessment for employees. DISC is most commonly used in job positions where top performance is dependent upon excellent communication with others, such as salespeople, customer service representatives, and leadership positions. But every position from the custodian to the receptionist to the engineer benefits from knowing how others perceive them and what they can do to adjust. Whether you work alone from home or in a large office complex, the ability to communicate with others is the key. DISC is the perfect tool to open the door to better communication.
When should you use a DISC behavioral assessment?
DISC Profile Testing assessments help managers, human resources, and individual employees eliminate much of the needless employee motivation guesswork, disruptive interpersonal conflicts, and petty dysfunctional behaviors that stop teams from working effectively together. DISC assessments are used worldwide in thousands of business of all sizes, in public, private, and non-profit organizations, and Fortune 500 companies for dozens of reasons. Here are just a few of the most popular uses of DISC:
- Leadership and executive development
- Management training
- Sales training
- Conflict management
- Customer service
- Job coaching
- Individual career planning