Digital Literacy Skills
Computer Skills. Office Skills. Multi-tasking Skills.
Nearly every job today requires basic digital literacy skills. But not every job candidate or employee has them. Many people just function by rote memorization. Using a computer or device to perform basic functions doesn’t mean the user has the faintest idea of what to do in a new situation. A digital literacy skills assessment helps cut down on bad hires as well as identify training needs. This technology skills test is convenient to administer, affordable, with real-time turnaround.
To be successful in today’s digital world, literacy goes far beyond being able to read and write. What it means to be digitally literate has reflected the change in how information is processed, delivered, and received in today’s highly connected world.
The University Library of The University of Illinois defines digital literacy as:
• The ability to use digital technology, communication tools or networks to locate, evaluate, use and create information.
• The ability to understand and use information in multiple formats from a wide range of sources when it is presented via computers.
• A person’s ability to perform tasks effectively in a digital environment… Literacy includes the ability to read and interpret media, reproduce data and images through digital manipulation, and evaluate and apply new knowledge gained from digital environments.
In our online digital literacy skill assessments, you can test a candidate’s ability to perform tasks and other skills such as Word, Excel, typing, data entry on computers and in an online environment.
The technology skills test covers 3 different proficiency levels – Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced.
Digital Topics, include Basic Computer Operations E-mail, Internet, Social Media, Working with Computers as well as 100s of different office skill and software programs.
Here’s a sample of the types of digital literacy skills questions candidates are asked:
• Recognizing file types and properties
• Identifying drives
• Identifying a browser
• Renaming and deleting a file
• Copy and paste
• Managing emails
• Social media privacy settings and terms
Digital literacy skills tests are just one of nearly 6,000 skill tests that Success Performance Solutions offers. Skill tests include everything from basic math and data entry to logical thinking and multitasking as well as hundreds of tests for software skills such as Microsoft Office, HTML5, accounting, and more. Interested in nursing and customer service skill tests – we have them too.
To request more information, call us at 800-803-4303, chat with us, or complete the contact form.