ASSESS Selection and Development System is a comprehensive yet flexible web-based employee assessment system that links job performance to an organization’s business goals and objectives. The ASSESS System psychologists have assessed millions of people in a broad spectrum of industries and positions spanning 42 countries and supporting 16 languages. Backed by nearly 30 years of research, our selection solutions and job-and culture-specific assessments provide the information you need to make a confident hiring decision.
Why ASSESS is the best employee testing for selection and development:
- Reports are written in an easy to read and understand straightforward manner.
- 72 validated job templates for sales, management, engineering, accounting, insurance, and more.
- 9 proven competency models for leadership, management, sales, and professionals or customize your own.
- Evaluate 4 critical job functions: thinking, working, relating, and when applicable leadership style.
- Reports for screening, selection, development and 360 multi-rater feedback.
- Available in 17 languages
Description of ASSESS System
The ASSESS system accommodate every stage of the employee life cycle delivering five different report formats are available: Standard, Screening, Selection, Development and 360 Multi-rater Feedback. What’s more, every assessment is validated, predictive, and compliant with EEO. Results are written in “plain English” too – no psychologist necessary!
ASSESS is designed and has been used for the evaluation of a variety of managerial, supervisory, and professional positions. It’s perfect for all levels of management, leadership and sales plus benchmarked job templates for more than 70 positions.
- Middle and Upper Managers
- Sales Managers
- Computer Programmers
- …and many other professional-level positions.
Candidate and employee results can be viewed four ways:
1. The Graphic Profile is a snapshot of a candidate’s ASSESS results.
The profile is a “snapshot” that will allow you to see large differences from one dimension to the next. Don’t pay much attention to small differences. Unlike intellectual ability measures, higher scores on personality measures are not necessarily better. The best “score” depends on the job requirements and/or cultural fit.
Download sample ASSESS reports here.
Interpreting ASSESS reports is easy. All our selection reports are written so that HR and hiring managers can interpret them with little support (although we are always available to help and support our clients!) Here’s a short video to demonstrate how SPS consultants review the ASSESS report.
2. 72 Job Templates allow for the comparison of an applicant or employee’s results to normative groups of peers in similar roles. It answers the question “What do typical people in this job look like?”
While the body and content of the report are always based on professional norms, a template is a guide that allows the reader to compare the candidate’s scores on the graphic profile in comparison to people who are in that job group to assess important similarities and/or differences in characteristics. Since it provides comparative information it is not necessarily bad if the candidate’s scores fall beyond the template range.
Once a report is processed, as many templates as desired can be applied to the profile and printed without additional costs.
3. 38 Competencies making up 9 Competency Models allow companies to compare the results of candidates and current employees to successful managers, salespeople, and other professionals.
Most organizations define what they need from people in terms of competency. Our extensive research has been able to link specific personality traits to competencies exhibited in the workplace. Candidates and employees completing ASSESS are compared to the assessment results of 100,000 managers, executives, salespeople, and other key roles identifying potential strengths and challenges in current jobs and future roles.
Once a report is processed, participants can be compared to one of the competency models in either a selection (for hiring) or development report.
For companies with existing competency models, ASSESS reports can be customized.
4. The Success Profile allows for the comparison of results to successful people in a particular job. It answers the question “What do successful people in this job look like?”
A Success Profile is similar to a Template but instead of comparing the candidate to what is typical for supervisors, salespeople, claims managers or some other comparison group, the comparison is made to a job-specific group in your company and distinguishes performance. Unlike a template, a candidate’s scores should fall within the success profile range.
Typically, this involves conducting a validation study and building a predictive model of ASSESS characteristics desired for success. The result is a graphic representation of success ranges for the characteristics measured by ASSESS and an overall Success Index score which can be used in making selection decisions.
ASSESS employee tests are easy for employers to use and for job applicants and employees to complete. The results are immediate and available for manager viewing as soon as the candidate completes the online test.
Each Assess report includes a thorough evaluation of 4 key components of top performance:
- Thinking Style – how an individual makes decisions and solves problem
- Work Style – how an individual approaches work and executes projects and tasks
- Relating Style – how an individual works with others and manages relationships
- Leadership/Management style (when applicable) – how an individual leads and/or manages others
ASSESS Standard Reports are modeled after traditional assessment reports and provide insight into work-related behavior in the areas of Thinking, Working and Relating. A candidate?s results can be compared over 70 different job templates making it easy to evaluate a candidate?s fit with the job role. Detailed descriptions are provided for:
- Thinking Style
- Work Style
- Relating Style
- Approach to Influencing or Supervising Others
- Interview and Reference Probes
- Management Suggestions (with specific resources)
- Developmental Suggestions (with targeted resources)
Competency Based Reports
These help the reader understand the impact of personal characteristics and abilities on the development and display of competencies. Detailed descriptions are provided of:
- Assess reports are competency based and include:
- Competency feedback (with personality implications)
- Competency based structured interview questions (with specific probes)
- Management suggestions (with specific resources)
- Development suggestions (with targeted resources)
13 different competency models are available:
- Sales Manager
- Sales Professional
- Professional or Individual Contributor
- Restaurant Manager
- Assistant Restaurant Manager
- Kitchen Manager
- Multi-Unit Manager
- Leading Leaders
- Leading Others
- Leading Your Career
If a competency model is not listed (such as Engineer, Control Control, Safety Manager), call us or chat with us now!
Assess Screening and Selection reports integrate a series of assessments to evaluate job fit based on your company’s model of success. The test battery measures work-related personality characteristics. Reports can be linked to one of nine competency models (6 for selection, 9 for development). If you already have a competency model, we can help you align it with competencies included in the system, or utilize our competency building workshop process to customize any job position.
The new Hiring Managers Report includes a quick summary of potential strengths and weaknesses, interview suggestions for follow-up and a graphic profile.
Assess Screening and Selection Reports:
- Easy to read and understand reports for hiring managers
- Job fit feedback regarding work-related personality and intellectual abilities
- Competency-based reports provide additional insight into those job-specific competencies that help or hinder performance
- Structured Interview Guides and Interview Probes are included in each report to facilitate the interview process
- Management Suggestions are provided to help with on-boarding new hires should you hire the candidate
- Customization options: link to a custom competency model, validate a success profile, develop custom norms
Assess Development reports includes tools to help people grow and develop in their roles. Employees need and want specific, objective feedback about their performance. Assess reports include constructive recommendations based on individual responses and comparisons to other employees in similar roles. The feedback can then be used in one-on-one coaching situations or as part of a programmatic workshop offering. Whether it’s individual development, succession planning, or team building.
Assess Development reports provide:
- Feedback on work-related personality and intellectual abilities.
- Additional insight into those factors that help or hinder the display of job specific competencies.
- Assess 360 reports provide multi-rater feedback on behavior (Assess 360).
- Aid in overall team-building and group development workshops (Group reports).
Assess 360 represents the next generation of multi-rater feedback tools. Like most 360 tools, Assess 360 collects and reports anonymous feedback from an individual’s peers, boss, direct reports, and/or customers.
BUT, Assess 360 is anything but typical—it offers a powerful combination of flexibility and depth of content.
Click here to learn more and download a sample report.
Screening Report – ASSESS Systems
ASSESS_ Executive Leadership Competency Assessment
ASSESS_Leading Others Competency Assessment
ASSESS_Leading Your Career Competency Assessment
ASSESS_ Executive Leadership Competency Assessment
ASSESS_ Manager Competency Assessment
ASSESS_Supervisor Competency Assessment
ASSESS_ Sales Manager Competency Assessment
ASSESS_Sales Competency Assessment
ASSESS_ Professional/Individual Contributor Competency Assessment
ASSESS reports are available in the following languages (May 2015)
- English (USA)
- English (UK)
- English (Canadian)
- English (International)
- Bahasa (Indonesia)
- Cesky (Czech)
- Deutsch (Germany)
- Espanol (Spanish)
- Francais (Canadian)
- Magyar (Hungary)
- Nederlands (Holland)
- Portuguese (Portugal/Brazil)
- Espanol (Spain)
- Slovenščina (Slovenia)
- Traditional Chinese (Simplified)