I’m a huge fan of Gerd Leonhard. He asserts that the video you just watched (or are about to watch) is “what started it all.” If you care at all about the future of work, jobs, or community, I highly recommend watching his videos and reading his book Technology vs Humanity.
In the meantime, below are my 12 favorite quotes and take-aways from the video.
Enjoy and let me know what you think. Agree or disagree?
- The future is already here. We just haven’t noticed.
- We are facing exponential technological change and it’s only just the beginning.
- Human-only work is our future. Anything that cannot be digitized or automated will become extremely valuable.
- The things that make us human: Compassion, Ethics, Mystery, Design, Morals, and Values.
- Will it be possible to remain human as we currently define it?
- Whatever challenges we currently face with technology is nothing compared to what’s coming down the pike.
- Technology is not good or bad. It just is…until we apply it.
- Technology is not our enemy. It is a useful servant but a terrible master.
- The more we robotize our world, the less we govern ourselves.
- Never in human history has the present been so temporary.
- Technology is not what we seek, but how we seek.
- Let’s embrace technology but not become it.