Seth Godin posted a excellent post earlier this week. There’s not much to add so I’m just posting it as is:
What good interview questions are actually trying to discover:
- How long are you willing to keep pushing on a good project until you give up?
- How hard is it to get you to change your mind when you’re wrong?
- How much do you learn from failing?
- How long does it take you to learn something new?
- How hard is it for you to let someone else take the lead?
- How much do you care?
The rest is merely commentary, either that or they’re interviewing you for a job that’s not as good as you deserve. For those jobs, the only question they’re really focusing on is, “will she fit in around here?”